Valentine’s Day spurns all sorts of different reactions from females, and a lot of it depends on whether or not we’re single. Riding solo sucks, and not just because you don’t get a free dinner and chocolate. It’s a huge reminder that we’re still without a plus one. And the “fireworks in their eyes” couples smooching in corner booths everywhere aren’t helping. Valentine’s Day can actually be fun and something to look forward to, and it’s a friendly reminder that we’re not alone. Don’t be deceived by women who say they hate the day. Sure, it’s been blown out of proportion with all the card companies and heart-shaped chocolate boxes and that one movie with Ashton Kutcher, but there’s no woman on Earth who doesn’t like to be doted on.
According to Men’s Health, here are 14 tips on how to impress your Valentine:
1. Plan the Evening: Take some time to really think about what your date likes—and dislikes. Even if she drinks beer, dinner at the local sports bar probably isn’t quite the romantic scene she’s expecting. Whatever your plans, just remember to be punctual.
2. Get cleaned up: Show up with a greasy mane and at best, you can expect a handshake at the end of the date. Be sure you wash your hair to rid of product buildup and moisturize your scalp for flake-free style.
4. Ban Blemishes: To ensure you’re acne-free on Valentine’s Day, apply a solution containing a small amount of salicylic acid before your moisturizer. It’ll keep your pores clear without over-drying your skin.
5. Pucker up: Prep your puckers if you want more than a peck on the cheek. Not only are dry lips painful for you, but they’re just as terrible to look at for her.
6. Style your hair: tame fly aways with mousse or gel to show you care how your mane looks
7. Deodorize: don’t forget to apply deodorant!!! Don’t sweat it, you will do great!
8. Get rid of the dryness: no one likes ashy skin, so make sure to use a moisturizing cream to hydrate your skin.
9. Update your underwear: Never be caught in less-than-stellar underwear.
10. Keep it Sporty: Dark jeans and a white T-shirt are no brainers if you’re taking your date to a ball game, but you’ll stick out in a dining room. Upgrade your look to evening-appropriate attire with a sport coat
11. Button up: Wear a nice button up to show your classy and stylish
12. Stay light on your toes: wear comfortable shoes to ensure you are able to sweep her off her feet
13. Stick to the basics: leave you light washed denim at home and get a darker pair, it shows you are aware this is for your girl, not to watch the game.
14. Put a tie on it: show your date that you took the time and effort to pay attention to the details
Good luck to all, and have a great Valentines day. When in doubt, buy chocolate, lots of chocolate.